- Passport, VISA, Residence
In foreign countries, your passport is your ID card, so please keep it safe! If it is lost or stolen, you should immediately notify the school or the tour group leader or apply for a replacement at the office of the Republic of China.
- Admissions I-20 (Confirmation of Booking)
- Air tickets
- School address and contact number
- Homestay address
- Please bring your passport when you leave school
- Answer the customs immigration officer respectfully and honestly.
- Luggage preparation
- Most airlines have a certain weight restriction. When preparing luggage, it can be decided according to the individual's dependence on the item. Most of the daily necessities can be purchased abroad. The following is the recommended luggage list:
- Document categories: identification documents, air tickets, visas, international driver's licenses, emergency contact addresses and telephone numbers (schools, homestays, institutions in the Republic of China).
- Money: cash, international credit card, traveler's check, etc.
- Stationery: mobile phones, dictionaries, usb drives, pens, etc.
- Personal portable medication: personal medication
- Clothing: shoes, socks, clothes, accessories, etc.
- Others: instant noodles, accompanying gifts...etc.
PS: Items with high value should be placed in carry-on luggage.
- Currency, Settlement
You can go to the province's foreign exchange designated bank to handle the settlement process, purchase a draft or traveler's cheque, look up the name of the student's passport as the beneficiary, and then deposit it after the bank has opened the account. Also convert the appropriate amount of cash to zero.
Familiarise yourself with the currency denomination used, the exchange rate against the Rand, etc.
is a special cheque for overseas exchange. It can be exchanged at a local bank (passport required), which is very convenient. In case of loss, it can be reissued locally.
Credit cards have become the new favorite of travellers. They can be used overseas instead of cash, eliminating the inconvenience of carrying cash or remittances.
- Immigration Procedures and Pick up
- Exit formalities
- Exit check-in
1. Arrive at the airport 2 hours before departure
2. Report to the airline counter to collect the boarding pass and complete the baggage check.
- Carry-on baggage check
for carry-on baggage and personal inspection
- Waiting time to wait for the boarding gate
- Board the plane into the cabin to find a seat and wait for departure
- Entry document inspection
accepts immigration officers and customs inspection of entry documents and items carried
- Immigration deadline
immigration officer will analyse the passenger situation and accept that the passenger can enter the country and will give a certain period of entry.
- Medical and Insurance
Medical expenses abroad are quite expensive, so medical insurance is required. Usually, insurance cards and credit cards will be placed in the leather bag. At the time of medical treatment, the hospital will ask the patient to fill out a number of forms, of which the insurance information is quite important.
Dental treatment is quite expensive abroad, so treat or maintain before going abroad. If you go to the local hospital to find out if the hospital has NHS services, most of them will be at your own expense. Students can enjoy some or all of the free offers depending on their income. If the appointment is not allowed to go to the clinic, you may receive a bill.
It is best to go abroad with travel insurance and accident medical insurance, and bring the policy receipt out of the country. If the medical requires, you may have to show this certificate.
In case of an emergency or major accident in foreign countries, you should call the ambulance immediately.
- Accommodation Family
- School dormitory
- Types of Dormitory
1. For single rooms, please apply to the school or rent a house in advance
2. Share the kitchen, bathroom, and toilet; some are suites, of course, the price is more expensive.
3. Some graduate students and college students are separate and must be informed by the school.
- Dormitory equipment
wardrobe, sink, desk chair, bookcase, bed and mattress, blanket, table lamp
- Safety Management
1. Prohibition of theft
2. The doors and windows of the dormitory are locked by themselves. If the lost items are lost, the school and management personnel shall not be liable for compensation.
3. Do not coerce and intimidate others.
- Room allocation
1. The host family is selected by the school.
2. Living with the host family, please be sure to respect the privacy of the other party
3. Room allocation is assigned by the school staff according to the student's personality.
- Matters needing attention
1. Change the host family to the school's consent
2. Respond to the advancement and retreat in the life, please fully respect the host family
3. Do not waste resources or use the equipment in the host family automatically
4. Adhere to the house rules of the host family.